SENTINEL DUAL is the best solution for powering mission critical applications and electro-medical devices requiring maximum power reliability. The UPS is suitable for a wide variety of applications, offering a flexible format (tower or rack), digital display, communication options and user-replaceable batteries.
The SENTINEL DUAL is available in 3.3-4 5-6-8-10 kVA models and uses On-line double conversion technology (VFI):
the load is powered continuously by
the inverter which supplies a sinusoidal voltage, filtered and stabilised in terms of voltage, form and frequency; in addition, the input and output filters significantly increase the load’s immunity to network disturbances and lightning strikes.
Technology and performance: selectable Economy Mode and Smart Active Mode functions.
Diagnostics: digital display, RS232 and USB interface with PowerShield3 software included, and communication slot for connectivity accessories.
• Can be installed on the floor (tower version) or in rackmount cabinets (rack version). The mimic panel can be rotated (using the key supplied)
• Low noise (<40dBA): can be installed in any environment thanks to its high frequency switching PWM inverter and load-dependent digitally controlled fan.
• External bypas option maintenance (5- 6-8-10 kVA)
Operation guaranteed up to 40°C (the components are designed for high temperatures and are thus subject to less stress at normal temperatures)
• Two built-in IEC output sockets with thermal protection (5-6- 8-10 kVA)
• Two 10A outpit sockets with Power
Share on the 5-6-8-10 kVA models that can be turned off when the mains power supply fails.
Programmed using the software supplied or manually via the front mimic panel
• On-line double conversion Mode: to
provide maximum protection.
• ECO Mode:to increase output (up to 98%), operating in line interactive (VI)
mode, powering loads from the mains.
• Smart Active Mode: the UPS
automatically decides upon the operating mode (VI or VFI) based on the quality of the mains power supply.
• Emergency Mode: the UPS can be selected to function only when mains power fails (emergency mode only)
• Frequency converter (50 or 60 Hz).
High quality output voltage
• Even with non-linear loads (loads with a rest factor of up to 3:1)
• High short circuit current on Bypass
• High overload capacity 150% by
inverter (even with mains failure
• Filtered, stabilised and reliable voltage
(double conversion On-line technology (VFI compliant with IEC 62040-3)
with filters for the suppression of atmospheric disturbances.
• Power factor correction: UPS input power factor, close to 1 and sinewave current absorption
High battery reliability
• Automatic and manual battery test
• Reduced ripple component (detrimental to the batteries) using the “LRCD” (Low
Ripple Current Discharge) system
• Batteries are user replaceable without
interruption to the load (Hot Swap)
• Unlimited extendible runtime using matching Battery Boxes
• High hold-up time and wide input
voltage range. The batteries are not used during mains power supply failures of <40 ms or within an input voltage range of 84-276V.
Emergency Back-up function
This configuration is designed for emergency systems including lighting, fire detection/exit systems and alarms. When the mains power supply fails, the inverter begins powering the loads with a progressive start (Soft Start) in order to prevent overload.
The wide input voltage range and a high hold-up time minimise battery usage and increase efficiency and battery life; for smaller power breaks, energy is drawn from a group of appropriately-sized capacitors.
Power Share (5-10kVA)
Two configurable IEC output sockets,
for run-time optimisation, with the facility to programme the sockets to switch-off low priority loads on mains power failure; alternatively, emergency loads, normally not powered when the mains is present, can be activated.
Low noise output
Using digital PWM control, the speed
of the load dependent fans is adjusted depending on the temperature of the two internal heat sinks, to achieve a reduced noise level of 45dB and help extend their operating life.
• Output voltage can be selected using software (220-230-240V)
• Auto-restart when mains power is restored (programmable via software)
• Bypass on: when the machine is switched off, it automatically goes into bypass and battery charge mode
• Minimum load switch-off
• Low battery warning
• Start-up delay
• Total microprocessor control
• Automatic bypass without interruption • Use of IMS modules (Insulated Metallic
• Statuses, measurements and alarms
available on standard, backlit display. • UPS digital updating (flash upgradable) • Input protection through resettable
• Standard Back-feed protection: to
prevent energy from being fed back to
• Manual switching to bypass.