SENTINEL DUAL is a new range of high density double conversion on-line UPS, suitable for powering a wide range of devices including servers, storage systems, telephony equipment – VoIP, network, medical and industrial systems.
SENTINEL DUAL are ideal for powering and protecting Blade Server systems with high input power factor.
At only 2U, SENTINEL DUAL is ideal for 19” rack cabinet installations.
SENTINEL DUAL has a practical, modern design and includes several
performance advantages over traditional on-line UPS. All developed by the Riello UPS research and development team.
The newly-designed inverter is one of the best energy conversion systems on the market, with a 0.9 output power factor and 92% operating efficiency in on-line mode.
For critical applications requiring long battery run-times, extension packs and ER versions with larger battery chargers are available.
As an ECO UPS product, SENTINUAL DUAL is also fitted with a shut-off button to reduce energy consumption to zero during prolonged periods of inactivity.
• SENTINEL DUAL can be installed as a tower or in 19” rack cabinets, by simply removing and rotating the mimic panel
• Low noise (<40dBA) thanks to a high frequency switching inverter and load-dependent digitally controlled ventilation.
• Features guaranteed up to 40°C (the components are designed for high temperatures and thus subject to less stress at normal temperatures)
• On SENTINEL DUAL models, the output sockets can be programmed to disconnect less critical loads during blackouts (Power Share function).
SENTINEL DUAL can be used in a tower or rack format, by simply turning the display and adding the supplied feet or optional runners.
Reduced running costs
The UPS is highly flexible and easy to configure. Programmable functions can be set using the software supplied or manually via the front mimic panel. SENTINEL DUAL can be configured in the following operating modes:
• On-line Mode: maximum protection and output voltage waveform quality
• ECO Mode: to increase output (up to to 98%), using Line Interactive operation.
• Smart Active Mode: the UPS automatically decides upon the best operating mode based on the quality of the network – On-line or Line interactive.
• Back-up Mode: the UPS can be selected to function only when the mains power supply fails.
• Frequency converter (50 or 60 Hz) • Multi-platform communication for
all operating systems and network environments; supervision and shutdown PowerShield3 software for Windows operating systems 7, 2008, Vista, 2003, XP, Linux, Mac OS X, Sun Solaris, VMware ESX and other Unix operating systems.
• Standard UPS Tools software supplied for configuration and customisation
• RS232 serial port and opto-isolated
• USB Port
• Slot for communication boards such as
Modbus/Jbus, TCP/IP, SNMP and relay contacts
This configuration is designed for emergency systems incljuding lighting, fire detection/exit systems and alarms. When the mains power supply fails, the inverter begins powering the loads with a progressive start (Soft Start) in order to prevent overload.
High quality output voltage
• Even with non-linear loads (loads with a crest factor of up to 3:1)
• High short circuit current on Bypass • High overload capacity 150% on inverter (even with mains failure).
• Filtered, stabilised and reliable voltage (On-line double conversion technology (VFI compliant with EN62040-2 class C1) with filters for the suppression of atmospheric disturbances.
• Power factor correction: UPS input power factor, close to 1 and sinewave current absorption
High battery reliability
• Automatic and manual battery test
• Batteries are user replaceable without
interruption to the load (Hot Swap)
• Unlimited extendible runtime using matching battery boxes.
Thanks to the use of high frequency components and load-based fan speed control, the noise produced by the UPS is less than 40dB.
• Output voltage can be selected using software (220-230-240V)
• Auto-restart when mains power is restored (programmable via software)
• Stand-by on Bypass: when the UPS is switched off, it automatically goes into bypass and battery charging mode
• Minimum load switch-off
• Battery discharge warning
• Start-up delay
• Total microprocessor control
• Automatic bypass without interruption • Status, measurements and alarms
available on standard, backlit display. • UPS firmware updating via PC
• Input protection through resettable
thermal switch (versions up to 1500VA) • Standard Back-feed protection: to
prevent energy from being fed back to
• Manual switching to bypass.