The SENTINEL PRO has evolved from the highly successful Dialog UPS series. The UPS has a unique, modern design and improved electrical characteristics, representing a benchmark product from the Riello UPS research and development team.
SENTINEL PRO uses On-line double conversion technology, resulting in the highest levels of reliability and maximum protection for critical loads such as servers, and IT and Voice/Data applications.
For business continuity applications requiring long battery runtimes, runtimes up to several hours are possible, using ER models fitted with more powerful battery chargers, and battery extension packs. The front mimic panel has been entirely redesigned, adding an LCD display that shows the input and output voltages, and battery readings in addition to UPS operating status information.
The inverter and the microprocessor control stage has been completely redesigned to provide increased efficiency and greater configuration options.
Another feature of the SENTINEL PRO series is its communication capabilities. The UPS is supplied with a USB port and an expansion slot for protocol conversion or relay contacts boards.
SENTINEL PRO features a unique shut- off button to reduce energy consumption during periods of prolonged inactivity (ECO LINE). SENTINEL PRO is available in 700VA, 1000VA, 1500VA, 2200VA and 3000VA models.
Different operating modes, programmable depending on user requirements and the load to be powered, have been introduced in order to reduce energy consumption.
• Economy Mode: the UPS can operate in line interactive mode, with the load powered by the mains, reducing consumption and thus improving efficiency (up to 98%).
• Smart Active Mode: the UPS automatically selects on-line or line interactive operation, depending on the quality of the mains supply, checking the number, frequency and the type of disturbances present.
• Stand by Off (emergency back-up) Mode: the UPS powers the loads only in the event of mains failure. The inverter begins working with a progressive start- up sequence to prevent inrush currents.
• Operation as a frequency converter (50 or 60 Hz)
This configuration is designed for emergency systems incljuding lighting, fire detection/exit systems and alarms. When the mains power supply fails, the inverter begins powering the loads with a progressive start (Soft Start) in order to prevent overload.
The SENTINEL PRO UPS has a wide input voltage range and deep discharge protection to optimise battery its life. Periodically the UPS carries out a battery efficiency test (can also be manually activated) and its wide input voltage range, helps to reduce battery usage.
Optional battery extension packs can be connected to increase the UPS runtime. In addition the SENTINEL PRO range includes ER versions with more powerful battery chargers in place of the internal batteries for faster recharge times.
Thanks to the use of high-frequency components and load-based fan speed control, the noise produced by the UPS is reduced to less than 40dB.
• Filtered, stabilised and reliable voltage: double conversion On-line technology (VFI compliant with IEC 62040-3) standard with filters for the suppression of atmospheric disturbances.
• High overload capability (up to 150%)
• Programmable Auto-restart when mains
• Battery start-up (cold start)
• Power factor correction (UPS input
power factor, close to 1)
• Wide input voltage range (from 140V to
276V) without battery intervention. • Runtime extension to several hours • Fully configurable using UPS Tools
• Highly reliable batteries (automatic and manually activated battery test)
• High level of UPS reliability (total microprocessor control)
• Low impact on the mains (sinusoidal absorption)
• Input protection with resettable fuse.
Multi-platform communication for
all operating systems and network environments; supervision and shutdown PowerShield3 software for Windows operating systems 7, 2008, Vista, 2003, XP, Linux, Mac OS X, Sun Solaris, VMware ESX and other Unix operating systems
Standard supplied UPS Tools configuration and customisation software
RS232 serial port and opto-isolated contacts
Slot for communication boards